Sunday, January 18, 2009

More pasta...


I've been cooking many pasta dishes these days, though I'm not a really big fan of pasta, I do like it. And I don't cook pasta dishes so often, but I wanted to make some, and improve myself in pasta cooking, lol. Oh and also if you want to eat more vegetables, pasta dishes are a great thing to put vegetables on. I think most vegetables (if no, all) can be used to cook pasta.

So the other day I made the "Pasta with roasted vegetables and olives" from the Vegan Express cookbook.
This thing is amazing, you should buy the book, NOW! It does have lots of express recipes, and all of them are so easy to prepare. If you make a recipe, and serve, it may look like you passed all day in the kitchen preparing it, but hell no, that was fast & easy (shh that's the secret, don't tell your guests).

For this recipe I used spiral pasta, sun dried tomatoes, eggplant, red onion, red bell pepper, broccoli, kalamata olives, olive oil, balsamic vinegar & I don't remember what else, but you got the idea, right? Eat lots of veggies with lots of flavor, that even omnivores will enjoy. I know that because I called my cousin and her husband to come home and try them...they loved it! "It is not so salty, but damn tasty", my cousin said. Even her 13 and 10 year old son & daughter ate them. So this can be kid friendly too if you know how to do it.

No comments: